Old versionsSee all
Protect your HTML website's code and design from unauthorised copying using PageLock Website Copy Protection. This award-winning software helps block website copying by stopping text from being selected and preventing the web page's source code from being read.
- Encode HTML websites to help protect against code and design theft.
- Block right mouse clicks from displaying menus on your website.
- Prevent text from being selected.
- New! Block text being selected using the Web browser's Select All function.
- New! Block Internet Explorer's image toolbar.
- Disable dragging and dropping.
- Protect an entire folder of webpages at once.
The threat of website design theft is of significant concern to many website developers. Whilst copyright law offers some protection, it can be difficult to enforce, particularly when the dispute involves individuals in different countries. PageLock provides added physical protection by acting as a deterrent for possible offenders.
As is the case with any copy protection technology, it is impossible to be absolutely certain that the encoding used won't be cracked. The same applies to webpages protected by PageLock. When you encode your webpages using the program, you can be assured that your page is encoded in a way that makes it more difficult for others to copy. The protection is intended to act as a deterrent for opportunistic copying of your website's design.